Friday, January 4, 2013

Home and Family

Today was so busy and yet so nice!  The minute I woke it couldn't have been busier!  Everyday that I'm off from work is always the same.  I start my coffee percolator going,  feed all the pets, start my laundry and go around the house picking up dirty socks, shoes thrown about, pieces of paper here and there, etc.  But it feels so good to be home with my children.  I can't remember a time since they were all born that I didn't feel this way.  I've always been aware of time and  how fast it flies.  

It took about two hours to get the house straightened out, while my daughters were sleeping in their beds.  My son, Jacob went to work early this morning; about 8:00 am.  I made up his bed, swept his floor and dusted where it needed.
  
Then off I went to do errands; something else that's the story of my life.  I'm forever running errands.  Went to the bread store and loaded up on bread for about 6-8 weeks.  Paid 4 bills!  Bought groceries;  money is tight so we don't get to eat out but maybe once a month. Thank you Lord! I know we're better for it.

After I got home, from the bread store, my daughters and I went to St. Vincent de Paul to look around!  The first Thursday of every month, you can fill up a large grocery sack to the brim for $7.00.  The three of us got something.  I have two new pairs of flannel pajamas, Mary has a new jacket and  a couple of t-shirts, and lastly, Melinda has a new jacket and a very pretty shirt.  We couldn't stop beaming when we left.  We love shopping at St. Vincents and consignment stores and vintage shops.  You can find so many wonderful and useful things for practically nothing.  Almost every stick of furniture in my home was purchased at a consignment store.  

Our home isn't fancy at all;  but it's clean, warm, cozy and filled with alot of love and a spiritual light which burns brightly with devotion to God.  Today was a great day to be together with my family.  Hot dogs and chips was our supper this evening.  Baths have been taken.  The outdoor Christmas lights are on again tonight.  We'll take them down after the Feast of the Epiphany. Prayers before retiring.

No comments: