Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook Entry



For Today

Outside my Window...it's nightfall.  The temperature has dropped.  I have my outdoor Christmas lights on.  They're bright red and trimming the front of my house;  so pretty! The neighbors have theirs on as well.  

I am thinking...about the bills that I have to pay tomorrow.  I tell myself, all the time, that my children and I will be all right.

I am thankful......for my faith, my kids, for the roof over our head, my life, my job.

In the kitchen...there's leftover gingerbread cake on the kitchen counter.  There'll be some for breakfast in the morning.

I am wearing... faded blue jeans, a yellow calico blouse that I sewed up last summer.  Hair in a ponytail, glasses perched on my nose~forever falling forward with me constantly pushing them back in place.  White cotton socks on;  refuse to walk barefoot inside the house or anywhere.  

I am creating...a grocery list of things we need for the house.

I am going...to bed in little while; starting to get sleepy.

I am wondering...what this new year will bring.  

I am reading...'Rooted In Love',  by Donna Marie Cooper O'Boyle;  I absolutely enjoy all of her books.  They thoroughly lift me up spiritually.

I am hoping...to get in some sewing and knitting tomorrow.  

I am looking forward to...some very enjoyable reading this year.  I have a huge stack of books that I want to catch up on.  Can't wait!!

I am learning...to accept people and certain matters in my life for what they really are and to accept myself for what I really am.  I'm committed to my faith and children; and I'm very very old-fashioned.  I've  been called a huge  'square' and I'm not embaressed about it. I'm glad.

Around the house...my oldest son has already retired to bed.  He has to get up and go to work early in the morning.  My daughters are watching a little television before going to bed.  Our five cats are all put up for the evening.  (Patrick~sleeps in the garage.  Clare, Margaret, Bernadette and Jingles sleep in one of our spare bathrooms.  Sadie (our pooch) is asleep in her little bed.  The christmas tree is glittering with lights; the house feels so cozy and warm!

A few plans for the rest of the week...a trip to St.Vincent de Paul tomorrow.  My daughters and I enjoy rummaging through the clothes and books they have.  We have the best time there.  Have to work this coming weekend at the hospital.  Prayers and rosaries to be said.

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

jennifer anderson said...

some of the best books appear at thrift shops!