Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook Entry

For Today.....

Outside my window.....It's so hot!! Feels like 110 degrees outside!  But it's not.  102.  Slightly breezy outside.  No birds in view.  They're all in the shade within the trees.  I perspire as soon as I step outside.

I am thinking.....about our air conditioning.  Our compressor finally went out.  No money there to buy a new one.  Would cost us four thousand dollars for a refurbished and six thousand for a new one.  No problem.  We went to the store and purchased some small units to place in our bedrooms and the kitchen.  It's not as luxurious as central air-conditioning.  But we are comfortable anyhow.  Can't explain it but our home feels even more comfy because of this.  Thank you God for this!  You provided as always.

I am thankful....for my job; yes I'm hanging in there.  The census at work has dropped, therefore we're taking turns at work being called off.  Using my PTO.  Providence.

In the kitchen....are paint brushes, old newspapers, hot glue guns and a box of mixed seashells on the counter.  Brought my statue of  'The Holy Family' from outdoors to freshen up with paint.  Has become very faded..  My daughter Melinda is creating a wall hanging with seashells and two 'spoolie dolls.'  So much fun to make!  We're all drinking iced tea like water;  wished we had a watermelon.

Melinda's spoolie dolls that she made.

This is the instruction booklet where she got her ideas for her spoolie dolls.  I've had this for maybe fifteen years.

Melinda's lovely seashell  picture frame!

I am wearing..... one of my pretty blouses that I made.  Soft pair of blue jeans.  Hair piled up on my head.  Didn't have time to put on make-up.  Socks on my feet.  Won't go barefoot around the house.

I am creating....a pattern to be uploaded and printed on  fabric.  It has small violet hearts and the the words in cursive to 'O Bone Jesu'.

I am going.....to take a shower in a little while; right after I finish my coffee.

I am wondering.....about how I'm going to go about building a rabbit cage for the two rabbits which we got during Easter weekend.  They're in the house right now, in my oldest son's bedroom.  Their names are Brownie and Marshmallow.

I am reading....Rooted in Love by Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle and The Third Spiritual Alphabet by Francisco Osuna.  Have been reading these two for several weeks.  Enjoy taking the time to read and absorb.

I am hoping....for rain.  We so need it.

I am looking forward to.....having a movie night at our house with my daughters.  Homemade popcorn and an old movie favorite, Cheaper By The Dozen.  No, not the newer version, but the one that came out in the '50s.  


I am learning....to ask for help when I need it.  This one is tough.

Around the house......clean, quiet, can hear the soft noise from the small air conditioning units that my husband purchased for the house.

I am pondering.....over my Catholic faith; that which I live and breath.

A favorite quote for today.....


One of my Favorite Things....being home with the kids, relaxing, watching the day, through the windows, fade into night.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....make a blue jean skirt, clean out my closet, make a pie (even if it is in the heat of summer), sit down and make a draft for building a rabbit cage.

A peek into my day....
A picture of the statue of 'The Holy Family' which I freshened up by repainting by hand. It's the centerpiece for my 'Rosary Garden'.

1 comment:

jennifer anderson said...

glad to be born in a time of air conditioning!