Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook Entry

For Today

Outside my window...it's been raining for several days.  It's 42 degrees; wet, dreary-looking weather.  Dirt spattered  in pools of rain all over our sidewalk.  Our cat Patrick is whining to come inside.  Can't do that but I did open the garage door so he could come and go as he pleased...which he does very well.   

I am thinking.... how good it feels to be in the house; warm, cozy with soft glowing light from our lamps.  There's books scattered across our living room couch, my bed, a stack of cookbooks on the kitchen counter and dining room table.  My daughters and I have been reading and reading.  It should be colder and snowing outside but it's not.  It's cold, wet and yucky. 

I am thankful....for today and everyday. 

In the kitchen....there's chili beans which I slow cooked earlier in the crock pot.  Cornbread atop the oven, chocolate chip cookie dough and peanut butter cookie dough chilling in the fridge.  I'm going to try and make cookies tonight.

I am wearing... comfortable care-worn white pajamas with red trim, and a soft pink & peach checked  robe wrapped well around me.  I have on white socks with some old crochet slippers which I made years ago

I am creating....a list of new goals for myself for this year.  (Exercise more, eat healthier, write more in my journal~so therapeutic for me, keeping more time in prayer, going to bed earlier, etc.)

I am going....to the pharmacy tomorrow to pick up my son's asthma medications.  Mine or my daughters' scripts aren't due yet.  We're all asthmatic, unfortunately.

I am wondering....about tomorrow.  Will we have more rain?  We've had almost four days worth.

I am reading....'Rooted In Love' by Donna Marie Cooper I'Boyle.  It's a very good read and I'm not quite though with it.

I am hoping....for another good day tomorrow.

I am looking forward to  working on my sewing and knitting.

I am learning....how to quilt, make a rag rug.

Around the house... our house cats are scattered and sleeping on the couch, bed, on a windowsill.  My son is out with his father, my daughters and I are watching 'The Bishop's Wife'.  I just love to watch movies with Loretta Young.  One of my favorite actresses.

A few plans for the rest of the week....continue to enjoy my family time, cooking, reading and maintaining a clean home with the help of my children, keeping a spiritual environment, chaste minds, fresh smiling faces to reflect our love and providence in God and continue to be happy for all that he's done for us.

A peek into my day....
My new little 'chicken' dutch oven which
I purchased at a consignment store!  
What a great 'find'!  I love cast iron.

Did you ever see such a lid as this?  I'll be trying 
out chicken pot pies, shephard's pies, pot roasts in this!!
So excited!
https://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: