Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook Entry ~ 



For today.....

Outside my window.....the sky is the darkest shade of blue with stars glittering.

I am thinking.....about my oldest son's high school graduation ceremony, which will be next weekend on the 17th of May, Saturday.  I'm counting down the days.

I am thankful.....for so much!  Thank you God, for my son, Jacob.  I am so honored that you bestowed him to me to be his mother.  I can still remember the joy I felt in my soul, when he was placed into my arms after giving birth to him.  

In the kitchen.....are dirty dishes in the sink.  Our kitchen countertop is untidy and the floor needs sweeping.
But my mind and heart are elsewhere.  I'm thinking about my children.  They have made me so happy.

I am wearing..... jeans that are care worn, tennis shoes and a white t-shirt.  My daughter, Melinda, and I went for our usual evening walk a couple of hours ago.  We took our dog, Sadie, with us.  She loves to
 come with us.  

I am creating..... memories to keep in my heart of these passing days before summer begins.  I have one more final exam to take tomorrow before the semester ends.  My children are continuing their homeschooling which last all year 'round.  They prefer it that way.  So do I.  

I am going.....to do some sewing and gardening soon, which I am looking forward to.

I am wondering.....about the present and the future.  Why is it that things and my surroundings stand out more than I can ever remember in my life?  My husband said it's because we are getting older.  I don't know, except that I'm acutely aware of everything around me all of the time.. sometimes it feels like I'm seeing things, for the very first time, which doesn't make sense to me at all.

I am reading.....The Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska.  There's much to absorb while reading.

I am hoping.....for a wonderful day tomorrow.  It's starting to get hot.  In the evenings, it gets cooler and there's a breeze that's feels so good when you're walking outdoors, as I have been doing with my daughter.

I am looking forward to.....being off next weekend.  It will be like a mini vacation for me.  

I am learning.....how to take better care of myself.  I'm trying to exercise every day by walking and I still need to lose 15 more pounds.  I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes last year in December.  Improving on my food intake and exercise is an absolute must now.

Around the house....my children are all in their rooms, either watching TV or reading.  The house is cozy and quiet.  We just finished paying for a new roof.  The roofers were here for four days.  It's completed now.  Our housetop looks so nice!

A favorite quote for today...actually is not a quote. It goes:

My son, do not forget my teaching,
 but let your heart keep my commandments,
 for length of days and years of life 
and peace, they will add to you.  
Let not steadfast love and failthfullness forsake you.
Bind them around your neck; 
write them on the tablet of your heart,
so you will find favor and good success
in the sight of God and man.

                                                                                             Proverbs 3:1

One of my favorite things.....watching old movies, eating popcorn.

A peek into my day....


My soon-to-be homeschooled high school graduate.
  We  named our private school, many years ago
 Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Academy.




Deo Gratias


No comments: